During the identity verification process, you will need to pass a Document Verification and a Liveness Test. If Civic Wallet is not able to verify you through our automated systems, your request will be sent to our team for further manual review. Please check your emails or within the app for verification status updates.
Identity verification can fail when we are unable to ascertain with confidence that the document is genuine and valid, or that the photograph on the document bears matching likeness with the image from the liveness test.
Tip: You can view the status of the verification within Civic Wallet. From the home screen, click Check Status.
Below are some tips on how to improve results from document scanning and liveness test.
- Ensure your photo is visible
- Place the document flat on a solid-colored, dark surface
- Point the camera straight down on to the photo and do not angle the camera
- Ensure that all borders are visible
- Make sure there is no glare on the document, text, or holograms
- Make sure none of the document is blocked by fingers or other obstructions
- Follow the prompts on the screen which will guide you to a better picture
- Ensure your document is not expired
- Ensure your document is not hand-written
- Make sure document type of that issuing country is expressly supported in our coverage map
- Do not angle the camera
- Do not look down - look straight at your camera
- Ensure there is no glare
- Follow the prompts on the screen including the distance of the camera to the subject
- Take photos in a well-lit
- Take photos in an evenly lit room
- Ensure there is no back or side-lighting causing shadows or partial darkness on the photos
- Ensure there is no glare or reflection
- Ensure the photo is not washed out
If you are having issues with your selfie or document photo please try in different rooms and varying lighting conditions.
If you continue to have trouble getting verified please submit a support request.