Civic takes identity protection very seriously and while we have implemented many measures to protect yours, identity theft continues to be a prevalent issue. Below are strategies we recommend to make your Civic Wallet more secure:
- Do not register your identity on any device other than your own.
- Enable a screen lock and PIN to gain access to your device. If using a PIN, do not share it with anyone.
- Prevent SIM-swap or phone port attack by contacting your mobile service provider and putting a port freeze and SIM lock on your account.
- Protect your cloud storage accounts:
- Use a strong password
- Use 2FA if available
- Protect your email account with the same as above
- Stay alert for phishing attempts and forward any suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review your transaction history and bank statements regularly. Please review this article if you notice any irregularities.
Important: If you think your account has been compromised, reset your email password immediately and submit a support request to freeze your account. Please read this for more information on unauthorized transactions.