What is Civic Wallet backup?
Civic Wallet securely backs up to your iCloud or Google Drive account. This backup is required to use Civic Wallet and is created automatically during the initial onboarding.
This backup enables you to retain all access to your Civic Wallet identity and funds - even across devices!
If you have created a Civic Wallet and attempt to verify without restoring from backup, then your account may end up in Account Review.
Enabling backup on iPhone:
- Goto Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Select iCloud Drive.
- Make sure “iCloud Drive” is on.
Enabling backup on Android:
- Go to Settings.
- Find Backup & Reset, or, System > Backup.
- Make sure your backup account is the same as before.
- Make sure “Backup to Google Drive” or "Backup to iCloud" is on.*
Android only: Auto backup occurs roughly every night and when ALL below conditions are met:
- Minimum version Android 6.0.
- Backup is enabled on the device in Settings > Backup & Reset.
- At least 24 hours have elapsed since the last backup.
- The device is idle and charging.
- The device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If the device is never connected to a wifi network, then Auto Backup never occurs.
Note: Turning off the backup service will make it so that any recovery of account and/or funds involves an Account Review. Ensuring you have a working backup means that you can restore your Civic Wallet at any time.